Hot air balloon tours New Zealand has today are all the rave with adventure-seeking tourists. While most people have been on a plane and therefore know what it feels like to be thousands of feet above the land, riding a hot air balloon is a different kind of thrill. To be able to look down below you and get a 360-degree view of your surroundings, it is a rewarding experience.
However, there have been many hot air balloon accidents in the past. You need to choose the best hot air balloon tours in New Zealand to guarantee your safety. First and foremost, the tour provider must be licensed and have been operating for years. The more experienced the crew is, the better they can handle all types of problems associated with the ride. You can therefore rest assured that you are in good hands during your New Zealand hot air balloon tours.
Meanwhile, here are some more safety tips to remember during your hot air balloon tours New Zealand has to offer:
• Wear proper clothing. It is important to wear pants and shoes during the hot air balloon ride because you will never know where you might land. Make sure that you can stay
comfortable to walk around grass fields and rough landscapes.
• Wear a hat or anything to protect you from the heat of the burner. The heat is crucial for the balloon to take flight; therefore, you should protect yourself and do not underestimate the heat it can produce during hot air balloon tours in New Zealand.
• Take note of the basket size. A typical balloon ride will be able to hold 10 to 12 passengers. However, it will be up to the crew’s discretion. Make sure to follow instructions and do not insist on piling in on your balloon ride.
• Do not insist on proceeding with the tour if the crew has determined the weather is not fit for ballooning. With their years of experience operating hot air balloon rides, they will be able to know it is safe to proceed, and when it is not.
• Smoking is absolutely not permitted near or within the hot air balloon basket. There is a highly flammable liquid propane inside the basket and smoking can cause it to explode.
• Always listen to the pilot and crew when they give out safety reminders before and during the flight. If in the middle of your flight they decide to cut it short (due to weather problems), do not despair. Safety of the passengers is always their main priority.
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted during the hot air balloon ride. Moreover, intoxicated passengers might not be allowed to join the ride.
• During landing, you should place all of your personal items such as cameras onto your bag. Placing your camera over your neck is not permitted as well. The impact of the landing can cause damage to the item or injury to yourself.
• Be observant of power lines and other obstacles. Even though the pilot and crew do their best to keep an eye out for these, you should also be aware of your surroundings to help ensure a safe flight. More information brand name: Ballooning Canterbury
For the best hot air balloon tours New Zealand has today, visit Ballooning Canterbury at http://ballooningcanterbury.com/. They specialize in offering hot air balloon rides in New Zealand. Thus, you can guarantee that you will be safe throughout your ride and enjoy the views of New Zealand from a brand new perspective.